When I updated Drupal to 7.24, the status report instructed me to twiddle my .htaccess files per security advisory SA-CORE-2013-003, so I did. And then my site unthemed itself. A quick trip to the error log revealed the problem, and even the solution: change FollowSymLinks to SymLinksIfOwnerMatch.
Fail? Okay, that's a bit hyperbolic. If my failures were like Rockstar's, I'd be sipping umbrella drinks right now. Or recovering from same. But GTA Online is frustrating by any measure right from the get-go. Here's why.
For literally years now, people have been asking for Bluetooth functionality in Android which is not there. One notable example is audio-to-headset, to permit listening to music on a headset device which does not support the bluetooth stereo audio profile. My pet issue is pinless trust, which is needed for devices like the Sony BD Remote and many Logitech mice which use no pin code. This has been a known issue at least since Gingerbread. Why is it still a problem?
When you paint something which has already been painted, sometimes the solvents in your new paint interact with the old paint on the surface, with somewhat unpredictable results. Generally, the results include lifting in the form of either wrinkling or peeling. This is very common in auto paints, and in anything that comes out of a spray can. But I've found a set of solutions for dealing with paint interaction which are fairly effective when combined.
In the quest for the ideal living room entertainment device, one of the strongest contenders is the "USB stick" class of Android devices. One of the latest credible entrants into this market is the Tronsmart MK908, a Rockchip RK3188-based device running Android 4.1.1 or 4.2.2. It notably features four cores and a very slightly larger case than other stick-form computers, permitting inclusion of a more useful heat sink. But like basically every other similar device on the market, there are significant failings to this tiny computer.
I thought about actually titling this piece RIP, Ouya but thought hey, let's save the hyperbole for the body. What's actually happening is that I'm taking my Ouya back to Gamestop and washing my hands of this whole experience. Maybe I'll buy one used later, when the Mad Catz console comes out and they all end up on eBay for a song; by then perhaps there will be a CM port. Unfortunately, the Ouya console is deficient in basically every area.
My Ouya decided it didn't want to pair the original controller any more, so I performed a factory reset after backing up all my apps with TitaniumBackup. Then I performed a factory reset, which doesn't. It left a couple of apps behind, including ES task explorer. Upon entering the adb shell, I found I could no longer su. The fix in my case was to reinstall superuser.
Have you ever wanted to launch an Android app from the shell, but you were confused as to how to go about it? Me too, but after a bit of searching about I found a couple of posts that explain how to do it. Short short form, you use aapt to find the activity you want to execute, and then you can use the am command (on the device) to launch the program.
It's been about forever, but my F250 is once again on the road, having had the turbocharger replaced. During the downtime I also completed several little projects. I've taken it down the road and picked up a yard of dirt, so I know it's working. I still need to deal with two or three more things and then I can attack the Mercedes again.
As I've written previously, I own a 1992 F250 with the pre-Powerstroke 7.3 liter V8. My truck is equipped with an ATS 088 turbocharger kit and the matching 3" exhaust. The previous owner did not take any care of the truck whatsoever, and many leaks were "fixed" with an overgenerous application of silicone. Unfortunately, I discovered the hard way that the turbo oil return was open to the air when I found a great deal of water in my oil pan which could only have come across the hood, behind the water seal which I'd disturbed while replacing the wiper motor, and run down through the oil return grommet. This prompted me to tear into my truck again, and while I was there fixing all the other leaks, I decided to finally trim up my custom intake.