I thought about actually titling this piece RIP, Ouya but thought hey, let's save the hyperbole for the body. What's actually happening is that I'm taking my Ouya back to Gamestop and washing my hands of this whole experience. Maybe I'll buy one used later, when the Mad Catz console comes out and they all end up on eBay for a song; by then perhaps there will be a CM port. Unfortunately, the Ouya console is deficient in basically every area.
My Ouya decided it didn't want to pair the original controller any more, so I performed a factory reset after backing up all my apps with TitaniumBackup. Then I performed a factory reset, which doesn't. It left a couple of apps behind, including ES task explorer. Upon entering the adb shell, I found I could no longer su. The fix in my case was to reinstall superuser.
Have you ever wanted to launch an Android app from the shell, but you were confused as to how to go about it? Me too, but after a bit of searching about I found a couple of posts that explain how to do it. Short short form, you use aapt to find the activity you want to execute, and then you can use the am command (on the device) to launch the program.
It's been about forever, but my F250 is once again on the road, having had the turbocharger replaced. During the downtime I also completed several little projects. I've taken it down the road and picked up a yard of dirt, so I know it's working. I still need to deal with two or three more things and then I can attack the Mercedes again.
As I've written previously, I own a 1992 F250 with the pre-Powerstroke 7.3 liter V8. My truck is equipped with an ATS 088 turbocharger kit and the matching 3" exhaust. The previous owner did not take any care of the truck whatsoever, and many leaks were "fixed" with an overgenerous application of silicone. Unfortunately, I discovered the hard way that the turbo oil return was open to the air when I found a great deal of water in my oil pan which could only have come across the hood, behind the water seal which I'd disturbed while replacing the wiper motor, and run down through the oil return grommet. This prompted me to tear into my truck again, and while I was there fixing all the other leaks, I decided to finally trim up my custom intake.
The short, short form: In order to get vaccinations you must sign on to TRIPS (or provide similar protections for Big Pharma) which prevent your nation from producing medicines needed to save lives because of patent protections.
I had a cute little lunchbox that looks like a guitar amplifier, and then at Goodwill I came across some Paper Jamz speakers, and the result is obvious; I made my lunchbox play music. Then, I took some pictures of it.
I finally broke down and got Minecraft, even though I think Minetest is fairly excellent and getting better. Even though you pay Mojang for the game, making it polished takes at least a couple of mods and making it really slick takes a few more. I wrassled around with minecraft on Linux and found a decent set of bits which make the game pretty fancy. This guide assumes you've got minecraft successfully installed, but not too much else.
Since this site is really just my personal blog, it requires little in the way of resources as compared to any "real" site. Drupal caches most content for anonymous users, and I am generally the only person logged into the site and I'm not on it very often. As a result I've always gone for the cheapest hosting that seemed it would do the job at the time I was looking. This has sometimes had mixed results, but these days it's mostly fairly simple to change hosting, and this is what I've just done.
Today I replaced the passenger-side braking support rod bushing on my 1982 300SD. The job didn't go so well on the driver's side, because I attempted to use all of the specified replacement hardware. Unfortunately, Meyle is currently delivering substandard and improper hardware for remounting the bushing carrier, with the effect that the nut shears off of its captive shim and causes you to live in a world of hurt. Using the original hardware with some red thread locker seems to be a workable solution; I've done it on the other side with good results, and now I've done it on both sides. In the process, I also learned that one can trivially press the new bushing in with the old hardware.