Kelseyville, CA 95451 • (831) 440-8959 • email@example.com
Database Manager, Robinson Rancheria Resort & Casino October 2005 to June 2007
Performed database mining/reporting tasks including writing custom reports. Served as the webmaster and web developer. Functioned as the Graphic Artist, producing internal advertising and promotional material. Participated in the production of promotions as a member of the marketing department. Assisted with systems and network administrations tasks as a member of the IT department.
Information Systems Intern, Yuba College October 2003 to June 2005
Worked in IS for Yuba College while attending school. Basic PC support, some networking, primarily custom builds/imaging and anti-spyware/malware.
Senior Member of Technical Staff, MediaX, Inc. May 2000 to February 2001
Assisted in infrastructure design and implementation for an ambitious CD and EMusic site, including writing step-by-step documentation for installation and configuration. Performed all network design and management tasks.
Network Administrator, Online Partners, Inc. October 1999 to March 2000
Specified, ordered, installed, configured, and maintained all corporate servers, printers, and network equipment. Evaluated and recommended software for management. Upgraded and maintained the local network, phone system, and related equipment.
Lab Administrator, Cisco Systems, Inc. December 1998 to October 1999
Provided user support in a QA lab to a pool of approximately thirty users. Duties included network design, router configuration, cabling, Unix systems administration, NT administration, and other related tasks.
Support Engineer, Tivoli Systems, Inc. January 1997 to November 1998
Customer support engineer in a heterogenous environment of PCs and Unix systems, supporting Tivoli's TME 10 Enterprise management product at the second level. Reproduction of customer environments and errors. Customization of Tivoli TME10.
Systems Administrator, Silicon Engineering, Inc. April 1996 to January 1997
Unix systems administration, network administration, user support, phone management, and related tasks.
Customer Support Technician, Mobile Information Systems. November 1995 to March 1996
Provided technical support for a series of pieces of delivery tracking software, as well as the operating system they run on top of, SCO UNIX. Performed extensive UUCP troubleshooting.
Information Center Systems Specialist (intern), County of Santa Cruz. March 1994 to December 1994
Worked in the MIS division of Human Resources, performing PC maintenance tasks, network wiring, software testing, and inventory management.
2002-2004 Yuba College, Marysville, CA.
- Recipient A.S. in General Studies.
- Recipient E.O.P.S. Certificate of Merit
- Experience with a broad range of operating systems including Windows 3.1 through 2003 Server; Unix including Linux, BSD, Solaris, Xenix, &c; DOS; AmigaDOS; CP/M; MacOS 6 through X; and many more.
- Scripting including bourne shell, perl, php, and others; some programming including x86 assembler, C, and others
- WWW/XHTML/XHTML, including dynamic and database-driven content, content management systems, etc
- Database management systems including SQL Server, Oracle, Sybase, MySql, postgres/SQL
- Graphics and arts production software such as Pagemaker, Quark Xpress, Adobe Indesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia/Adobe Dreamweaver, etc
- Network server software like BIND; sendmail, qmail, exim; Apache, IIS; ISC DHCP; and the like
- Networking hardware like Cisco Catalyst and HP Procurve switches, Cisco routers and firewalls, load balancing appliances like the Localdirector
- Phone systems including PC-based systems (netphone)
- Regular contributor to Linux Blog Safari